[pmmail-list] problem with deleting messages from the server

Marty Rimpau pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 06 Sep 2002 00:29:42 -0700

Hello list, sure you've seen this before, but I'm having problems, in
that any message that is 5 megs or more, some how times out, after it
is down loaded, and I get an error check error log message, so I go to
remote, and refresh the list, and let's say I find 20 messages, so, I
delete the undeleted 5 meg attatchment message, but when I try and
delete several others, if a new message comes in, the deletian process
stops let's say at 17 of 20, and don't know why this is happening.  I
had pm mail set to get my mail every 2 minutes, but have moved that
back to ten minutes, but want to know how can I stop this error from
occurring?  I want to be able to down load large attatchments, in the
case of my blind friends who may not know how to use an ftp program,
etc., but these error messages force the server not to delete messages,
causing me to receive duplicate messages.  What can I do to prevent
this from happening, as pm mail never, on a consistant basis has done
this.  Will install beta 6.34, and see what happens, as I just came
back on line.
Marty