[pmmail-list] Built-in Anti-Spam

L.Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 06 Sep 2002 22:09:07 +0200 (MES)

On Fri, 6 Sep 2002 12:40:10 -0500, Steve Quarrella wrote:

> I would definitely like to be able to hit a database like
> relays.osirusoft.com during my mail run, and filter out the bad guys there.
> I'll join the club. :-)

   You are able to do that NOW, with the current version of PMMail.

   Write script or program, which checks the mail headers (the file name is
given in the first parameter on the command line), check the releveant
information in ther against that database, and write as a result "DISCARD" or
"KEEP" into a file whose name is given to your script as the second command
line parameter.

   Give that script a name, e.g. SPAMOSIRUCHECK.CMD, and configure the
following search condition in a spam filter:

   P.<spamosirucheck.cmd> = "DISCARD"

   This should work with any current version of PMMail.

Yours,
Lüko Willms