[pmmail-list] Windows beta 2634 available on pmmail2000.com

PMMail 2000 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 09 Sep 2002 18:14:05 -0400

Thank you to everyone on this list! While we haven't gotten all
problems resolved, you all have been a great help in getting this beta
tested and ready for public release. After thorough testing over the
weekend and the lack of problem reports, I have posted this beta to the
website for everyone.

Peter was working today with the problem of crashes after certain
anti-virus software activity on incoming messages. We also still need
to re-vamp the MIME engine and he wants to re-write and improve the
re-index function before the next round of betas. I didn't discuss a
time frame with him today, but I would imagine we will be moving
forward again within the next week.

Keep the suggestions coming for the new version! It won't be long
before we start working with that if this build and future builds hold
up this well. Also, for those of you writing scripts and external
programs for filtering, if you would like to share them with all PMMail
users, please send a copy of the program, short description and use
instructions and I will post it on the utilities page of the website.

Again, thank you to everyone for your input and knowledge in helping us
to push PMMail forward. It has been slow for a long time, and while the
current development isn't "rapid", it is much faster, and more
thorough, than it would be without your help!

OS/2 users: We discussed making another OS/2 build last week, but given
the vast differences in the source codes, it would only delay the
progress we are making toward a single source code. The back and forth
between the two source codes is one of the biggest reasons things fell
behind on both. Work being done on the Windows version will all be
translated quickly and easily once we have the new version finalized. I
know this is of little consolation at this point, but I wanted to make
sure you know that we are still working toward the goal of updating all
platforms.

--
Brandon King, PMMail 2000 Technical Support
support@blueprintsoftwareworks.com