[pmmail-list] Windows beta 2634 available on pmmail2000.com

John Swartzentruber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 08:40:08 -0400

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 12:36:06 +0100, Paul Hodges wrote:

>>  I'm running VirusScan under Win2K sp3.
>
>I'm running VirusScan (as part of TVD 4.51, not the domestic v5 or 6)
>and have seen no such problems.  OS is XP Pro, though.  I have it
>handle quite a number of viruses a day.

I'm running 4.0.3a, which is pretty old, but my company decided to
stick with it as long as it is supported with new virus data files.

Strangely enough, I have been running the new PMMail and this version
of VirusScan for awhile, but the problem only hit me yesterday
afternoon. I have no idea what caused it, which is why I am hoping for
more details. I also found that the vsmon.exe program that I mentioned
is not part of the virus checking, but is part of ZoneAlarm. Curious
and Curiouser. I have disabled VirusScan and haven't seen the problem
again yet.