[pmmail-list] A couple of 2634 wish list items....

Tim Roberts pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 10:21:05 -0700

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 12:56:23 -0400, John Swartzentruber wrote:

>On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:38:26 -0700, Tim Roberts wrote:
>
>>The Ctrl-Ins/Shift-Ins key sequences have been "deprecated" since
>>Windows 3.1.
>
>Bug or not, deprecated or not, I think it is a mistake for software not
>to support both sets of hotkeys for copy/cut/paste. Why annoy users
>unnecessarily?

Because it's been deprecated for more than 10 years.  How long do we have to
keep supporting old UI standards before we can enforce the new ones?

Actually, when it comes to annoying users unnecessarily, one of my pet peeves
with PMMail is that the leftmost menu item is not "File" on all of their
windows.  My fingers expect to be able to do Alt-F to bring up a menu with
Close or Exit.

--
- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.