[pmmail-list] A couple of 2634 wish list items....

Jon Etkins pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 23:32:59 -0500

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 18:59:08 +0200 (CEST), Frank Winkler @home wrote:

>Yep, but they are still used in OS/2 and even some X11 applications - whereas
>CTRL-C has a completely different meaning in the rest of the world. Another
>example for M$ "standards" :/ ...

Indeed, I use Ctrl-Ins, Ctrl-Del and Shift-Ins exclusively, and have
done for years.  Makes selection and manipulation of blocks of text a
one-handed job, and often when I have folks looking over my shoulder
while I do work for them, they'll ask me what keystrokes I'm using
because I can select, cut, and paste, so quickly and effortlessly using
only that single close grouping of keys.

Saying they're "deprecated" is disingenuous, IMHO.  Even M$'s latest
wunderkind - WinXP - continues to support them.

Cheers,
  Jon
(who also continues to use genuine IBM "klunker" keyboards for their
superior tactile feedback and freedom from "Winkeys".  Made in 1986 and
still going strong.)