[pmmail-list] Keyboards (Was: A couple of 2634 wish list items....)

Paul Hodges pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 11:19:08 +0100

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002 08:26:12 +0200, Sorin Srbu wrote:

>  What about the circuitry? Or are you pulling our legs?

I've heard tell of people putting them through a washing machine...
What I do is wash them in water with a little detergent (to get out
any stickiness), run under the tap while wiggling the keys to ensure
that all the detergent is gone, and then dry standing on one end for
two or three days.

Electronics doesn't mind getting wet, so long as it isn't operated in
that state.  I once dropped a (running) Sony Professional Walkman
into a fish pond.  I removed the battery and tape immediately, ran
under the tap, and dried it over a radiator for three days.  At the
end it worked and was completely within spec - I still have it 12
years on.  The tape was ruined, of course!

Paul Hodges
QBS Software Ltd