[pmmail-list] PMMail Trash can now an incinerator

Stephen Eickhoff pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 14:24:50 -0400

I store my mail on a network share, which has worked fine until recently.
SP1 for Windows XP has broken the IBM Networks client for OS/2. One
of the symptoms was the inability to delete or modify any files on a share-
the client would think those files were in use. What would happen is I would
have to reindex my folders every time I used PMMail because the folder.bag
could not be updated. This worked okay... even for the Trash. Unfortunately,
after backing out of the service pack another problem has surfaced. The trash
has become an incinerator if you turn on auto empty. Whether the time period
is 1 day or 180 days, no matter how old the messages are, it deletes them on
exit. I tried deleting my trash folder and letting PMMail recreate it, but
that didn't work.
         Stephen Eickhoff
      operagost@email.com