[pmmail-list] Bayesian spamfiltering

John Bridges pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 07:55:26 -0700

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 16:44:34 +0200 (CDT), Winfried Tilanus wrote:

>I know some other people here are expirementing with Bayesion spam
>filtering too, do you have the same results? Has anybody gotten it to
>work better?

I use SpamAssassin (actually my ISP has it installed, but anyone with a
Unix/Linux mail server can install it for free, I've installed it for a
friend at his small ISP which runs on FreeBSD).

I have my treshold set at a score of 5 (I believe that is the default).

I scanned all my past email messages for FROM addresses, and created a
whitelist based on those email addresses.

I now get zero false positives, and usually 0 to 1 pieces of spam make it
past SpamAssassin each day (out of 60 to 90 pieces of SPAM each day).

In other words, Spam is now a complete non-issue for me.