[pmmail-list] Script for Removal of "Unnamed Attachment" - Bug?

Simon Bowring pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 10:43:51 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002 10:45:16 +0200 (CES), Axel Hagedorn wrote:

>Is there anybody who managed to write a REXX-Skript that removes any
>trailing newlines at the end of a mail which cause PMMail (for OS/2) to
>display "Unnamed Attachments". BSW is aware of that bug for a very long
>time now

I'm not sure I've seen this. I have seen un-named attachments, but
I don't think it's been anything to do with additional newlines, just
"different" MIME encoding from "normal" and I do remember reporting
such a bug to BSW once - there's about 17billion ways that
an attachment's filename can be specified in MIME/emails, well ok,
at least 2 or 3!).

Have you any more precise info, or can you send me a (smallish)
email that exhibits the problem?

>I don't believe that they ever will for the OS/2 version
I think that's unduly pessimistic; assuming wxOS2 will get
finished (seems a reasonable bet), it should "just be a
recompile"  (ROFL, nothing's ever that simple ;-)

Simon