[pmmail-list] Changing the 'you've got mail sound'

L.Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 09:17:56 +0200 (MES)

On Sat, 21 Sep 2002 17:42:31 -0700, Bill wrote:

> >Account->Properties->Preferences
> >
> >There you will find an option that allows you to specify a default mail
> >notification sound for the account. Furthermore, you can create filters
> >that play any sound you like based on the filter criteria.
>
> What Jason probably means is that PMMail come with NO wave files.  It
> has the ability to choose one, but it offers no choices.

   Well, it would be nice to have a proper File Dialog in that place. At least
the OS/2-Version doesn't have it.

> Yes, it would be nice to have some clever "you got mail" waves come
> with PMMail.

  I'll check the /pub/multimedia/wave/wav directory on hobbes if there isn't
any appropriate.

  But the clou is to have account specific wave files which mention maybe the
name of the account, and which you would record yourself anyway.

Yours,
Lüko Willms