[pmmail-list] Any thought of developing....

PMMail 2000 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 11:24:08 -0400

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 10:17:18 +0100 (BST), Simon Bowring wrote:

>When a new OS/2 PMMail comes out, will Peter try to ensure that
>the new version will/can still interioperate with "old" address
>books? ie. such that PMINews and PMMail's integration is not
>broken?

Given that we will likely be re-writing the entire address book,
information will "likely" have to be exported from the old address book
and imported to the new version. I haven't had a chance to discuss this
with Peter, but it may be possible for him to create a conversion
utility that will preserve books as they were in previous versions. We
are nowhere near an answer on how this will work, but we are aware of
the need to port the old data to the new format with minimal, if any,
"structure" loss. By "structure", I am referring to the fact that
exporting from the current address book does not preserve the separate
books and simply exports one long list of addresses.

--
Brandon King, PMMail 2000 Technical Support
support@blueprintsoftwareworks.com