[pmmail-list] Any thought of developing....

L.Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 00:32:49 +0200 (MES)

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 09:55:24 -0700, J Seder wrote:

> The following Rexx routine will export address book data with bookname
> to stdout.

   Thanks a lot for the input! I have allowed myself to use your code to
create a PM program (i.e. one for OS/2 Presentation Manager) which exports one
book at a time. I hope you don't mind if I make that available to the public
by this way.

   The program presents a list of PMMail address books, and exports all
addresses of the selected book to a file with the name of the book with
extension ".book" in the TOOLS directory of your PMMail/2 installation. Don't
care where PMMail is installed, the program will find that out from the
OS2.INI file.

   The program is a little raw in its current form, as it gives nearly no help
to the user, it does not even indicate when the export is completed. I plan to
improve that.

    The program was created using DrDialog, and I am still a beginner in using
that tool, so please have some patience with me.

    Download exportbook.zip (77215 bytes) from

  http://www.willms-edv.de/download/PMMail/index.htm

 where you will soon find some more utilities for PMMail to download from.

Yours,
Lüko Willms