[pmmail-list] Any thought of developing....

Al Dunsmuir pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 10:05:46 -0400 (EDT)

One last thing, but I think it is inportant.

Please keep the PMMail mail and new support as separate programs,
even though they would be able to share much data (email accounts,
address books, etc. like the original SouthSoft versions) and code
(perhaps properly as DLLs this time).   This would make it easier
to sell the news support as an optional add-on, and fit better with
the way most folks use the current tools.

Even when each tree is only partially expanded, both my existing
PMMail and PMINews windows cover more than the full height of a
1600x1200 screen and require scrolling.  I like to switch back and
forth between the two programs during a typical day, and it would
be awful sharing a single very tall window.

One of the reasons I bought PMINews in the first place was when
Netscape integrated their separate Mail and News functions in the
2.02 -> 4.x transition.  I simply found that I could not understand
the resulting slammed-together mess.

Al