[pmmail-list] Suggestion - Entering e-mail addresses in message window

Tim Roberts pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 11:36:03 -0700

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002 00:17:15 -0700, Bill wrote:

>When entering successive e-mail addresses in a new (or reply or
>forward) message window, each successive address shows up in the
>address pane on top of the last address that was entered; this makes it
>look as if the addresses had been hand-typed in reverse order.
>
>Even when using a phone book "group", the addresses in the group show
>up in reverse order in the address pane once the group has been
>expanded.
>
>So, for example, if I have a group that consists first of the company
>president, then my division VP, then my boss's boss the director, then
>my boss, and enter that group as the "To" address, then the addresses
>in the actual mail message show up in reverse order, first with my
>boss's address, then with the director's address, then with the VP's
>address, and lastly the president's address all the way at the bottom
>of the list.  This is not good. :)
>
>Yes, it's only a hypothetical example, but it can apply to real-life
>situations.

I cannot imagine a real-life situation where this would matter.  A CEO that
gets ticked off because his name is not first in an e-mail address list is a
CEO with more control issues than Martha Stewart.

Wouldn't it be easier for you to just reorder the group in your address book?

--
- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.