[pmmail-list] Any thought of developing....

Simon Bowring pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 09:02:36 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002 17:47:46 -0700 (PDT), Steve Wendt wrote:

>How many people is that, really?
Well I don't know, but it certainly me and a coupel of others
here!  I imagine a significant number of OS/2 PMMail users use
it's companion program PMInews for news!

>I think it's more important to carry
>PMMail forward, then to maintain some minimal compatibility with a progam
>that was abandoned a number of years ago.
Well that's equally an argument for abandoning the OS/2 version
altogether!

If PMMail loses it's PMInews integration, then users like me suffer
yet another incremental ersosion of their functionality, and reasons for
staying with PMMail and OS/2. If the existing address book integration
can be kept without too much inconveninece some of us at least would
like to keep it.

I'd like to improvements to the OS/2 version of PMMail, but it's pretty
good as it is, and if I have to trade off features lost against
features gained in a new version, then I may have to choose not
to "up-and-down-grade" to that new version.

Simon