[pmmail-list] Any thought of developing....

Simon Bowring pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 16:27:28 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 15:45:20 +0200 (MES), L.Willms wrote:

> As to the integration with PMInews, I think the best solution is to have
an
>export routine which writes the current address book format, and some REXX
>script which produce LDIF change files for changes from PMInews, which then
>can be imported by PMMail.

Currently PMInews and PMMail co-operate in sharing address book files.
i.e. the can both update them while running. A rexx script would have
difficulty reproducing this behaviour!!

At a minimum a new PMMail version would have to make sure that it
didn't trample over the (old) address book files (that may "now" be
considered to "belong" to PMINews, that way PMINews would at leat continue
to function!).

However, ideally for the alleged 4 of us who use both programs (ROFL),
it should be able to update them instead (along with any NEW address
book files), after all, the code is already there.  This would allow
peacful co-existance with fairly minimal development effort.

Simon