[pmmail-list] Error 10061...Could not connect

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 12:31:06 -0400

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 07:24:18 -0500, Wendell Brown wrote:

>On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 09:32:35 +0200, Harald Boelmann wrote:
>
>>I'm using Windows 2000 Professional SP3.
>
>If you have ZoneAlarm and you have it NOT set to auto-start, try
>bringing it up and doing a fetch.  There seems to be a bug in it that
>even though it doesn't show up as running, it sorta is and it doesn't
>have the new version registered as approved to access the internet.

I also recall reading that some people had a problem if ZoneAlarm was
set to 'Enable MailSafe protection' when using W2k SP3 or WinXP SP1.
Unchecking that option seemed to fix the problem.

Ralph