[pmmail-list] Error 10061...Could not connect

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 14:12:44 -0400

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 12:47:28 -0400, Allan McLane wrote:

>On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 12:31:06 -0400, Ralph Cohen wrote:
>
>>I also recall reading that some people had a problem if ZoneAlarm was
>>set to 'Enable MailSafe protection' when using W2k SP3 or WinXP SP1.
>>Unchecking that option seemed to fix the problem.
>
>Disabling mailSafe helped a bit but didn't -completely- solve the lockup problem... I believe that there are bigger issues with the current release of ZA (3.1.395). I have had to shut down ZA before fetching with PMMail in order to avoid the conflict.
>
>Zone Labs has been singularly uncommunicative on this ;[

I ran into a bunch of problems when I upgraded to ZoneAlarm ver. 3, so
I reinstalled version 2.6.362 and everything's been running fine.
Also, I couldn't find anything in ver. 3 than made me feel I should
upgrade.

Ralph