[pmmail-list] Address book and LDAP (was: More on PMINews & PMMail & OS/2)

L.Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 10:08:15 +0200 (MES)

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 17:32:07 +1000, Rod... Whitworth wrote:

> There is no way we would use NT and associated servers exposed to the
> net without having audited source code. We can get that at no direct
> cost including LDAP.

  Then use a Linux server. It may be even cheaper.

> IAC I don't know anybody without
> a full-time SysAdmin who uses LDAP. It is trivial to set up for a
> trivial demo and just as much work to do properly for a 5 user LAN as
> for 5000.

   The LDAP clients could be able to update the central LDAP data base, using
LDAPv3 Update (see RFC 3383, find it via http://www.rfc-editor.org, which
points to the relevant RFCs).

Yours,
Lüko Willms