[pmmail-list] Any thought of developing....

Leonard N Small pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 07:18:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:31:01 +0200 (MEST), Frank Winkler - Sun Germany -
Enterprise Services wrote:

> >> That's why I desparately miss the tab layout of PMINews 1.x which kept
> >> the screen much more lucid.
> >
> >It was changed for PMINews 2.x because it caused a lot of trouble with
> >display drivers. Although I've never understood why, drivers simply
>
>That was the official statement of SouthSoft but I could never understand
>that; it worked like a charm and I _never_ saw any problems with this
>approach. ok, we're getting OT ...
>
>Regards
>
>--
>Frank Winkler                                 frank.winkler@germany.sun.com

Just to throw in my 2 cents, the display driver problem was with
displaying vertical text. This was used on the tabs, and there wasn't a
way to work around it. This is the reply I received back in '98:

>I'd love to keep it too, but too many people's video drivers don't
>support drawing text vertically.  Since OS/2 isn't winning awards for
>driver development, I don't expect these things to be fixed soon, so
>we need to go with a control that works for all :(
>
>BoB

>    PMMail...What other e-mail clients want to be if they grow up.
>
>Robert Novitskey, bob@southsoft.com           http://www.southsoft.com

Len Small
lnsmall@fast.net
http://www.users.fast.net/~lnsmall
For PGP public key, send e-mail with subject "send PGP key"

PMTagLine - Copyright, 1996, Stephen Berg
... So many stupid people.  So few comets.
This computer has been up 0 days, 7:16:25, load: 41 processes, 138 threads.