[pmmail-list] Telnet Client

Jon Etkins pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 17:25:18 -0500

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 13:13:02 -0700, James F. Marshall wrote:

>I had a "stuck" message yesterday that made it impossible to
>fetch any email or even to run PMMail via remote control.  My
>ISP faxed me instructions on using telnet to delete the
>offending message.  Can someone recommend a good little
>graphical telnet app for Windows?  Being primarily an OS/2 user,
>I don't know where to find Win shareware.

If all you want to do is issue a series of commands to your mail server,
use the builtin telnet client in Windows.  Just bring up a command prompt
and enter "telnet <address>".

If your sensibilities demand a GUI, try Hyperterminal, which is also
included with Windows these days.  It's in the Accessories - Communications
menu by default.

Cheers,
  Jon Etkins
  Austin, TX