[pmmail-list] Telnet Client

Jon Etkins pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 13:54:33 -0500

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 09:24:24 +0100 (BST), Simon Bowring wrote:

>On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 17:25:18 -0500, Jon Etkins wrote:
>
>>If all you want to do is issue a series of commands to your mail server,
>>use the builtin telnet client in Windows.
>i.e. just about the worst telnet client in existance (Quelle surprise)!

Depends what you want to do with it.  Granted, it doesn't include any
terminal emulation, macro facilities or other niceties, but to telnet
to your POP server, issue half a dozen short commands and receive half
a dozen short responses - per the original requirement - why would you
need any of that?

If all I need to do is bang in a single nail, and it doesn't have to be
pretty, I'll use half a brick rather than go spend money on a fancy
hammer.