[pmmail-list] Return receipts

Steve Marvin pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 19:56:29 -0400

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 00:35:00 +0200 (CEST), Menno Tillema wrote:

>On Sun, 29 Sep 2002 16:18:12 -0500, Kari Suomela wrote:
>
>   >  >> It'll request one - kind of, but doesn't return any.
>   >
>   > ... if PMMail doesn't even have the option?!  Nothing
>   > to do with servers anyway.
>
>It is quite simple to contruct one using the built-in filter
>facilities: add a sinple filter that scans the header for
>"Return-Receipt-To:" and let this filter send a canned reply on
>request, for instance:
>
>*----- start canned reply -----
>Hello $h.fromname$,
>
>Your message from  $h.datedate$ about <$h.subject$> was received on
>$c.date$.

What if the Return-Receipt-To: is different from the From: or Reply-To: ? The
canned reply I believe goes (I believe) to the originator.

If PMMail had a rexx api you could write a user hook that sent a receipt on
that tag 'Return-Receipt-To' and even the one msclients are using
'X-Confirm-Reading-To' (I Think).