[pmmail-list] no answer from tech support! :-(

Massimo @ eCS.it pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 02 Apr 2003 23:09:03 +0200 (CDT)

On Wed, 02 Apr 2003 15:03:29 -0500, Ralph Cohen wrote:

>As far as your crashes are concerned, BSW indicated that there
>will not be any more work done on PMMail/2 until after the new Windows
>version is released and maybe not even then.

this is not development work, this is *defect support*

a spam email that crash the client is to be considered a security flaw/issue

Your official website states:
http://www.pmmail2000.com/forum.html

The support Email addresses are:

                                      pmmailwin@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
                                        (for PMMail 2000 - Windows version)
                                      pmmailos2@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
                                          (for PMMail/2 - the OS/2 version)

                       Please note that we do not offer telephone support at this time, although we are
                       working on a solution for that and will be offering it in the future. It is also our
                       policy to provide support to all users as quickly as possible but we do queue
                       support for licensed users ahead of unlicensed users.

                       If you encounter a problem in PMMail, please let us know! Please use the
                       following guidelines to report problems and email them to
                       support@blueprintsoftwareworks.com. Following these instructions is essential
                       to getting the problem properly fixed and a reply sent to you promptly.

                       Instructions for reporting a problem:

                       1. Please let us know the exact steps in reproducing your problem. Please
                       provide as many details about your problem as possible. Please provide the
                       version of PMMail that you use. Include the Windows version that you use (with
                       service pack), along with any other programs that you frequently run when
                       PMMail is running, as well as your network setup. For OS/2, please provide the
                       version of OS/2, as well as your current fixpack level.

                       2. If you encounter a problem with a specific email message, send us that
                       message as an attachment. Do not forward the message to us. The problem
                       report will be incomplete without this.

I've not found everywhere on your official website that the os/2-eCS version of pmmail is not
anymore supported or that defect support has cheased.

Take you own responsibility.
You can't sell software if not officially supported, while you state officialy that it's supported.

This email is being sent in CC to resellers to advise them that they are selling an application
as supported, while the ISV negate defect support to their customers (like me).
Also their web catalogues do not advise customers that the /2 versions is not supported by BSW.

Regards.

Massimo S.
- eCS Irc Network
- irc.ecomstation.it  6667