[pmmail-list] Exporting?

Rod.. Whitworth pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 08 Apr 2003 20:32:28 +1000

On Tue, 08 Apr 2003 09:29:10 +0100 (BST), Simon Bowring wrote:

>On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 15:46:50 -0700, John Bridges wrote:
>
>>Any advice?
>I'm not sure, but isn't unix mbox format a single text file full of
>messages with LF (0Ah) terminated lines (and presumably some minimum set
>of headers)?
>
>And PMMail mail files are held one message per text file with CR LF
>terminated lines.

OFCS! You guys would <never> survive in a real world *x list!

You never do any research and it is all out there documented by Google,
let alone sendmail archives and 3000 unix/bsd newsgroups and lists....
Sigh...

The olde originale unix mailbox works like this:

The first line looks like the line below:

>From fred_nurke@goons.org.uk Tue Apr 8 12:34:56 2003

Note that there is no colon (:) after the "From" in it.
Following that is a message that looks just like a XXXXXXXX.MSG file in
PmMail.
Following that is an empty line. (<cr><lf> only) and then, if there is
another message, the pattern repeats.

You could have found this out with a little homework..
 Bloody wimps! No wonder you put up with the crap that goes on around
here and with proprietary code you can't fix when you are deserted by
the owners.

Now you who didn't know can abuse me for telling you this. Heh! you
think I care?

Wake up suckers. If you neither support yourselves nor demand that you
get what you paid for you deserve the inevitable fate which will pursue
you.

<Snicker>