[pmmail-list] Exporting?

John Bridges pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 08 Apr 2003 08:59:45 -0700

On Tue, 08 Apr 2003 10:03:35 +0800, woodear@virgilio.it wrote:

>Have you taken a look at POPFile before considering such heroic measures?
> I've tried MailWasher, SpamAssassin as well as a couple of other commercial
>offering before settling down on POPFile which is open-source.
> It's a thoroughly reliable and solid utility. I get an average of 2 spam emails per week
>which slip past POPFile. Spam used to number in the region of 50-100.

I have tried POPFile, I'm sticking with SPAMASSASSIN, for me, I get better
results with SPAMASSASSIN (about 1 maybe 2 spam get through per day, out of a
couple hundred spam messages).

In particular SPAMASSASSIN uses so many techniques that I have a lot more
confidence in it's long term ability to handle my spam filtering needs.

SPAMASSASSIN is also open source free software. There is a open source
Windows Proxy to use SPAMASSASSIN on your client machine (SAPROXY, works fine
with PMMAIL).

But the final little dirty secret is that I'd like to find a way to get my
mail archive out of PMMail to prepare to move to another email client
(whatever I eventually decide to use).