[pmmail-list] Exporting?

John Bridges pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 08 Apr 2003 09:07:01 -0700

On Tue, 08 Apr 2003 20:32:28 +1000, Rod.. Whitworth wrote:

>The first line looks like the line below:
>
>>From fred_nurke@goons.org.uk Tue Apr 8 12:34:56 2003
>
>Note that there is no colon (:) after the "From" in it.
>Following that is a message that looks just like a XXXXXXXX.MSG file in
>PmMail.
>Following that is an empty line. (<cr><lf> only) and then, if there is
>another message, the pattern repeats.

I've done all that, I've used the real from address (although it had to be
filtered, for instance The Bat would not accept one without an '@' in it),
I've tried a dummy address 'root@root.com', I've used the real date, I've
used a dummy date (today).

The problem is, a lot of messages in my archive apparently are not standard.
For instance all the sent messages are missing some of the headers you would
expect.

So let me repeat.

Taking all the MSG files, putting 'From x d' in from of each message with a
couple blank lines added to the end, and replacing all CRLF with LF produces
a file that WILL not import reliably into Mozilla or The Bat!. The Bat!
imports about 70% of those messages, Mozilla even fewer.

I do not consider that acceptable.