[pmmail-list] PMMail and Windows power saving, screensavers

Utsav Ratti pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 02 Aug 2003 00:25:37 -0400

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 12:32:18 -0400 (EDT), W. J. Myles wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 11:40:31 -0400, Utsav Ratti wrote:
> >
> >The screensaver doesn't come on for very long before it inexplicably
> >turns off again. I can't be certain, but I suspect this happens when
> >PMMail automatically "wakes up" to check for mail on the server.
> >
> >PMMail also does not allow me to suspend/hibernate my machine. I
> >first have to close PMMail and only then can my machine properly use
> >power saving modes.
>

> What interval do you have PMMail set to check for new mail?

Every 300 seconds. I'm surprised it's not doing the check in the
background, though, and leaves the screensaver on. Also, it doesn't
make sense that hibernation shouldn't work altogether.