[pmmail-list] filter copy

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 16 Aug 2003 13:41:24 -0400

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 11:49:47 +0100 (BST), Dave Saville wrote:

>Is there any way to take a set of filters from account a and put them
>into account b?

Hi Dave,

I've copied filters from one FILTER.LST file to another and they've
worked fine.  I've never tried copying the entire FILTER.LST file but
it would be simple to test - just back up the original file.  The only
'gotcha' I can see is if your filter moves a message to another folder.
 Since you're in a different account, you would have to make sure the
folder exists and then determine its ID number and copy it into the
filter's line in the FILTER.LST file in place of the original
identifier.

Ralph