[pmmail-list] SMTP mail receive

Dave pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:44:44 -0500

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 04:15:24 -0400, Ralph Cohen wrote:

>It can also be used to move mail between different accounts.  A folder
>containing mail in one account can set as the SMTP address for a second
>account which will then retrieve those messages from that folder into
>the second account's Inbox.  This gets around a limitation in the
>PMMail filters which does not enable the filtering of email from one
>account to another.

I know this feature has been discussed many times over the years on
this list.  Can you dredge up an old instruction on how to do this,
and what the effect is on the "originating" account?

For example, say I receive mail on the account "Foo" and place it
into a folder called  "2Bar".  If I configure an account called
"Bar" to listen to the "2Bar" folder, will it delete the .MSG file
in the "2Bar" folder when it receives it?  If so, how does "Foo"
like that?  Do I need to reindex?  Aren't there .BAG files or
something that would also be captured by the "Bar" account?  Can
"Bar" listen to both POP3 and SMTP?

Anyway, if you can find some older discussions and send them,
to me directly if you wish, please do.

Dave