[pmmail-list] SMTP mail receive

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:23:03 -0400

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:44:44 -0500, Dave wrote:

>For example, say I receive mail on the account "Foo" and place it
>into a folder called  "2Bar".  If I configure an account called
>"Bar" to listen to the "2Bar" folder, will it delete the .MSG file
>in the "2Bar" folder when it receives it?

Unless you have your receive options in the "Bar" account set up to
"Leave mail on server", the messages will be removed from the "2Bar"
folder in the "Foo" account.

>If so, how does "Foo" like that?  Do I need to reindex?

After the messages are retrieved by the "Bar" account, the The "2Bar"
folder in the "Foo" account will still show the messages - although
they are no longer there.  This doesn't seem to hurt anything, i.e. the
"Bar" account does not get confused and will still download any new
messages placed in the "2Bar" folder, and reindexing the "2Bar" folder
will clear/correct the listing.

>Aren't there .BAG files or
>something that would also be captured by the "Bar" account?

No, the "Bar" account is only looking for *.msg files and ignores
anything else.

>Can "Bar" listen to both POP3 and SMTP?

Nope, the two are mutually exclusive.

Ralph