[pmmail-list] long-time question

Tim Roberts pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:12:43 -0800

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 22:43:29 +0100 (CET), Maurice Gu‚ron wrote:
>On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 09:38:16 -0700 (MST), James Moe wrote:
>|On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 11:06:20 +0100 (CET), mg wrote:
>|
>|>My server now requests using SSL for security reasons. Does that
>|>exist in PMMAIL???
>|>
>|  No.
>
>James, thank you for the prompt, but terse, answer. Does this means that I
>(and presumably more and more others) will have to transfer from pmmail to
>some other mailclient?

You need to get more information about exactly what they mean.  Just
saying "SSL" isn't enough, and probably isn't correct.  Although it is
theoretically possible to do POP via SSL, to my knowledge no current
e-mail clients do so, and it would be silly in most circumstances.

PMMail does support APOP authorization.
--
- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.