[pmmail-list] Combining Installations ?

Charles Sardeson pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 19:53:55 -0500

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 16:54:06 -0500, KTS wrote:

>You may be ok, as NT is not case sensitive. You may still lose some
>messages due to inconsistent case, i.e. you may have the same message
>name in upper and lower case.

Hmmm.  When I look at the contents of the folders, I see files named
like Xx...x.msg.  I've never operated in base36, but if it's like
hex, I'd expect the digits to be 0-9A-Z.  Windows has an extremely
annoying habit of imposing its own capitalization rules; I don't know
whether this is a case of that or not.  I suppose the digits could be
represented by the lowercase letters, but at least it appears to be
consistent.  Anyway, as long as I'm dealing with NT everywhere, I
should be OK, I should think - I hope Bill hasn't changed his rules
within a single OS.  Ya think?

Thanks,

Chuck