[pmmail-list] Flags in Filters

Kenn Yuill pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 20 Dec 2003 03:30:10 -0500 (EST)

Hello Ralph,
  This is my reply to your message, sent to
pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com.
On 2003-12-20 at 02:34:52, a message from Ralph Cohen stated:

>·Hi Kenn,
>·
>·You're right, it doesn't seem to be working here either (Win2k) as
>·described in the help files.  As an alternative the following should
>·work:
>·
>·h.to="roadale#1." & h.to="@enews.rodale.com"
>·
>·It's almost the same thing but it works.
>·
>·Ralph

You're correct, I used the following modification of your suggestion,

 (h.fromid="rodale#1." & h.fromid="@enews.rodale.com")

and it worked perfectly; thanks very much for your input and being a
night owl.  Now I can go back to bed and get some more shut-eye.

I wonder if these flags ever worked as designed or were disabled at
some point.  I don't suppose that anyone at Blueprint Software would
comment on this situation.

>·On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 00:59:24 -0500 (EST), Kenn Yuill wrote:
>·
>·>Hello Folks,
>·>
>·>I have been trying to use the flags, -b & -z, for E-mail addresses,
>·>which have a unique number in each message, without success.  Here is
>·>an example of an address for an ezine:
>·><rodale#1.4791.31323137303630@enews.rodale.com>
>·>where the number '4791' would be different in the address of each
>·>issue.  I have tried these expressions and variations (header.from,
>·>h.formid, "rodale#1.*", etc.), all of which fail in a manual filter:
>·>
>·>h.From.-b="rodale*" and h.From.-z="*@enews.rodale.com"
>·> ...

Ciao,
      Kenn
  Always act as if life is a joyous journey. - Kenn Yuill
   Warp 4/FP15 Java 1.18 PMMail/2 2.2 Demo. gLinks 2.1
    Posted from The Beautiful Ottawa Valley, Ontario, Canada
               - A Thought for Today -
All truth goes through three stages.
First, it is ridiculed.
Then, it is violently opposed.
Finally, it is accepted as self-evident.
   - Unknown -