[pmmail-list] Help needed with PMMail ...

Gregory L. Marx pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 05:31:04 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 09:19:41 -0500, Ralph Cohen wrote:

<snip>

>>Is this correct ?  Or is my middle-aged memory leading me astray ?
>
>Well, my middle-aged memory says you're on the right path.  It seems to
>me I did something similar a few years ago and it pretty much worked.
>Don't worry about the original names of the folders since, as you said,
>PMMail assigns each folder a unique ID that's independent of the name,
>so as long as you don't try to create a new folder with the same name
>as a current folder you shouldn't run into any problems.  Reindexing
>should sort out the rest.  Good luck, Greg,

Thanks Ralph !

Strangely, I can't seem to find these deleted messages.
Using HPFS-UD from the root of my PMMail installation and from the x:\DELETE directory produced a TON of email that I was able to salvage,
but they were all from the TRASH folder in PMMail and not what I had accidently deleted.

Which doesn't make any sense to me.

The way I see it, even if my DELETE directory was too full and couldn't hold any more data and the OS just plain deleted them I thought
HPFS-UD would be able to salvage what I needed.

But after doing a FULL scan it appears they're not anywhere on this drive !

*crap*

Gregory L. Marx