[pmmail-list] [mkc] Leaving PMMail for Thunderbird

John Bridges pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 08:13:24 -0800

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 09:47:37 -0500, Mike Kilroy wrote:

>Anyone know if the BAT is the same way?

It uses one file for each folder.

(one reason I haven't considered it more seriously).

But The Bat! makes an excellent export tool for old PMMail messages (every
other program seems to choke old the older messages).

Here is a message from a friend on how he took a directory of messages from
me and imported them into Outlook:

 thebat.exe /IMPORTU="targAct";FOLDER="targFld";IN=c:\msgs\inbox.fld\*.msg

The BAT! (version 1.62r) window opens, and appears to hang... no status
information or progress bar or anything. But, after a moment, the Unread
count jumps and the messages show up.

Oddly enough, with Eudora 5.2.1 (just downloaded), I can see the From, Date,
Subject and even the Size of each message, but I can't see the body of any of
them! At first I thought it had failed, but the .MBX file exported from The
BAT! was 38 megs, so I figured the content must be in there somewhere. And,
after importing from Eudora to Outlook Express, I could see the body of the
messages fine.