[pmmail-list] Leaving PMMail for Thunderbird

Tim Roberts pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 10:45:11 -0800

Markus Baertschi wrote:

>I'm contemplating the same thing. How are you migrating your messages ?

I was using a Python script once a month to archive my old messages in a
one-file-per-month, Unix mailbox format anyway.  It was easy to modify
it to collect a folder-at-a-time into the Thunderbird directory tree.
Thunderbird is smart enough to automatically reindex the folder if the
mailbox file is newer than its last index, and it automatically picks up
newly creating mailboxes when it starts, so the message import was all I
needed.

Thunderbird is also able to do CSV import of address books, so I wrote
another short Python script to munge the PMMail address book files into
a CSV format.

--
- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.