[pmmail-list] Object Class of PMMail/2 message

Simon Bowring pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 10:27:21 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 09:19:35 +0100 (MEZ), L.Willms wrote:

>   I tried to drag a message from the PMMail window and drop it on the
>CK_Quote object, but that was barred by the "No Way!" symbol.

Sadly PMMail/2 (and PMINews) mainly only support drag'n'drop
within/between the programs themselves, and NOT with the WPS
(with the important exception of attachments).

>   What can I do to enable dragging of PMMail messages onto my program?
I don't believe it's reliably do-able with an external program
(e.g. like drag text) i.e. not without altering PMMail - AFAICT
nothing you can get from "peeking" at the window contents can
*reliably* identify the individual email file (although you could
make a stab from the subject and dates etc etc, but it'd be hard!!?)!

>   A related question: I would like to drag an address book entry onto
>the desktop so that I can drag it easily into the attachment area of
>outgoing messages for sending my coordinates as vCard. That is also not
>possible.
Indeed it's not :-( If I want to get a vCard out of PMMail/2, I open
a new message, drag'n'drop the address book entry(s) into the
attachment area, send the message to myself(!), press the "Fetch
Mail" button, open the message and then drag the vCards to the
desktop/WPS etc!!!

HTH

Simon