[pmmail-list] Grayed-Out Spell Check Function

pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 13:37:40 +0800

On 11 Feb 2003 at 11:45, PMMail 2000 wrote:

Hi Brandon,

> >Hmm. The Spell Check in 2709 is also greyed-out here. Is there
> >something I should be doing? Any advice, anyone?
>
> Can anyone give any more details about this? I have yet to see this
> problem while upgrading or testing new installs. What do you mean by
> 'greyed-out'?

I've found out and rectified the cause of this phenomenom. Apparently, the latest beta is
somehow more finicky about the whereabouts of the Tools directory. As I have my mail
folders on a different drive from the PMMail2k exe, any slight error will result in funny
stuff happening.

I've always kept my /Tools directory together with the /PMMail directory under the same
parent directory while keeping the mail folders in a different location. However, this time
round I discovered that for the dictionary to be functional, /Tools must be moved to
where the mail folders are kept, as instructed in the PMMail FAQ on your site. Having
done that, the dictionary is once again working normally.

One thing though, I am using Blackbox instead of Explorer as my shell in Windows XP.
As a result, I am unable to create and use the traditional Windows shortcuts. Is there
any way I can start PMMail2k so that it reads my mail folders in another location without
having to resort to specifying this location which is only provided in the "Start in ...
directory" fields of Windows shortcuts? Presently, I am limited to having to navigate
through a few layers of "proper" menus before arriving at the program group from which
I can then start PMMail. Perhaps the ability for the user to choose the location of his
mail folders can be set in PMMail itself? It would be very nice to see this as a future
feature.

Thanks.

Dan