[pmmail-list] cant get email!

Rod.. Whitworth pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 16:03:02 +1100

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 23:08:28 -0500, Ronny Hippler wrote:

>No telling, I can send mail through attglobal's asmtp account via my charter
>cable modem and dialup just fine but if I try connecting via earthlink dialup or
>earthlink DSL at my parents house it fails every time.

I'm guessing because you don't give enough info.

Earthlink probably blocks traffic outbound to port 25. That is fairly
common because it stops spammers using an open relay on some other
network.

If spammers do that a few times then suddenly Earthlink's real
customers with email accounts on Earthlink servers have problems
sending mails to site who have spamblocking based on not only the open
relay but also the origin.

I assume the ATT thing has authentication by your use of asmtp.

In the beginning was The Word
and The Word was Content-type: text/plain
The Word of Rod.