[pmmail-list] info about the eCS-Os/2 version

Simon Bowring pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 07 Jan 2003 12:22:05 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 06 Jan 2003 17:44:14 -0500 (EST), Carl Gehr wrote:

>I have copies of PMMail/2 [2.10.2010 for OS/2 Warp 4.05] running on
>both Warp+FP12 and eCS+FP3.  I know that there is a 'beta' that is
>newer.  But, I'm not one for much try-it-you'll-like-it software. This
>version does almost everything I need with virtually no failures.

I'm running PMMail/2 [2.10.2382] - it may or may not be the latest
"beta", but it feels identical to the 2010 release version - ISTR
it has some (minor?) bug-fixes - possibly including the fix for
certain crashes caused by certain weirdly (but legally) encoded
HTML messages (always spams).

I certainly hope there will be another OS/2 version once the
windows rewrite is complete, but I must say it's hard to feel
100% confident that it'll happen!  I don't think BPSW have made
us any *promises*, though they've served us OS/2 users pretty
well so far, all things considered! Fingers crossed!?

Simon