[pmmail-list] some pmmail/2 qs

L.Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:46:56 +0100 (MEZ)

On Wed, 08 Jan 2003 15:22:20 -0500 (EST), Raphael Tennenbaum wrote:

> 1) I'm using PMMail/2, version 2.20.2200 --

> For that matter, what *is* the latest version of PMMAIL/2, and
> where can I download it -- and has anyone had any problems with
> it?

   I'm using a 2.20.2370 -- the latest is, I think, 2.20.2382. The latest
version should be available at www.pmmmail2000.com

> 2) I've got an email account I use rarely if at all.  Is there a
> way to remove it without deleting it? -- that is, just in case I
> decide to reactivate it sometime in the future, is there a way
> to simply hide it, as it were?

   You just don't want to see it in the account/folder pane? There is no
standard way to do it with PMMail means -- at least I don't know it either.

   But there is a way around it: PMMail looks for subdirectories in its own
directory with the extension ".ACT". You might rename the directory where the
account is stored. Rename it from *.ACT to *.DEACT... like deactivated. :-))
And it wont show up any more in the accounts list. Rename it to *.ACT again,
when you need it.

   Take care to terminate PMMail before you rename the directory.

Yours,
Lüko Willms