[pmmail-list] info about the eCS-Os/2 version

L.Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 09 Jan 2003 17:46:54 +0100 (MEZ)

On Thu, 09 Jan 2003 08:12:16 -0500, Kari Suomela wrote:

>  RC> A new Windows version is currently under development and a new
>  RC> eCS-OS/2 version is supposed to follow.
>
> With the track record of the current "betas", where each one breaks
> something that worked in the previous one,

   This is inevitable when someone tries a rewrite of a software which other
people have created - you fix something with the hands and are bound to break
something else with your behind...

   So these Betas are real Betas, i.e. you are supposed not to expect a
completely worry-free and tested software. But I think that Peter Nielsen did
get things under control and fixed problems he created.

> I'd really like to see an
> export utility to export all messages

   This is not necessary since the messages are stored in the format they did
come over the wire, every message in a file by itself.

>  and address books to CSV or something.

   Is possible today.

   If you do not want to export the whole database, you can use my little
utility to extract single address books which you can find on
http://freesoft.willms-edv.de. Beware that it only extracts the book in the
PMMail address book format, and does (not yet) export it in CSV or other
formats (I plan to enhance it later, but don't have the time for it at this
moment in time.

> It is becoming evident that PMMail has fallen off the list
> of 'full featured' email clients.

   It is quite full featured; many features are just not noticed. The trouble
is that the original authors, "Bob and Icon" have sold their twin products to
two different companies, and that one of them, PMInews, has been given up by
the company which bought it.

Yours,
Lüko Willms