[pmmail-list] SPAM filtering with PROGRAM.<..\UTIL\CK_blacklist.cmd>

L.Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 08:24:01 +0100 (MEZ)

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 14:38:53 -0600 (CST), Maynard Riley wrote:

> Maybe I don't understand everything about PMMail's process of REXX
> Exit. PMMail passes a single parameter of the message file name.

  This applies to external programs being called as ACTION in a filter
or as a script to run for every message received.

  My CK_Blacklist.cmd is to be used as a TAG in filtering, the
PROGRAM.<..\UTIL\CK_Blacklist.cmd> tag. You see it under the
_conditions,_ not the _actions._

  Such an external program actually does get two parameters, the first
being the file name of the message to be worked on, the second the name
of a file where to store the results.

  When you used BL_Install.cmd, as instructed by the README.TXT, you
would see a line like this:
   PROGRAM.<..\UTIL\ck_blacklist.cmd> = "Confirmed"

   as the filter condition (trigger) which my installer installed.

   The "Confirmed" is searched in the file which the external program
created with the results, using the file name given as the second
parameter.

   So it is quite clear that the script will err when there is no second
parameter given.

   The error with the accountINIstring

>    161 +++     accountName = LEFT(accountINIstring, POS(D2C(0),
accountINIstring
) - 1);

   is certainly due to the fact that you did not run the script from the
position in the directory structure it is meant to (a directory at the
same level as the TOOLS and PMMAIL directories). Thanks for digging that
problem out; I should make a change to the script so that it either
refuses to run under this condition or does not try to get the the
account information for writing into the LOG file.

    I hope, that helps.

Yours,
Lüko Willms