[pmmail-list] Putting PMMail's data on a network drive

Robert Dahlem pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 23:41:58 +0200

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:05:03 -0500, Kari Suomela wrote:

> SE> It occurred to me that people complaining about PMMail's poor
> SE> network performance might be trying to run the program itself
> SE> from a network drive. It's possible to place only the message
> SE> store, address book,

>On a properly configured network drive, there is no problem. A major
>problem, though, is CASE. It seems that different versions over the
>years have created files sometimes in UPPECASE and sometimes in
>lowercase. Of course, this creates a problem in accessing the network
>directory from a MS machine. Indexing will never work, unless case
>handling in PMMail is fixed to work consistently.

This is simply bullshit.

This thread is about performance. You are talking about function.
That's why you are off thread.

Go and create a new thread.

MS networks are case insensitive. That's why you are wrong.

Go figure.

If you are talking about Samba: Samba indeed can be misconfigured to
be case sensitive. BTW: If you are talking about Samba you are off
topic.

Go away.

Regards,
        Robert