[pmmail-list] 100% CPU during spell check

Gene Hoffman pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 03:08:10 -0500

While checking the spelling of a new message, my CPU usage pegs at 100%
until the spell check is complete.  For even a short message of only two
or three lines, with no attachment, it takes at least 5 seconds to
complete the spell check.  The spell check completes successfully, then
the CPU usage drops back to very low levels.

I'm using PMMail 2000 Pro, 2.20.2717, running under Windows XP Pro, SP1.
Spell check under Windows 98 SE was almost instantaneous and, as I recall,
didn't peg the CPU.

I tried running the program under Win98 compatability, but see the same
symptom.

Have you seen this symptom?  Any suggestions?

Gene Hoffman