[pmmail-list] PMMail and Windows power saving, screensavers

Utsav Ratti pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 11:40:31 -0400

Does anybody else have a problem with PMMail preventing the
screensaver and power saving modes from functioning properly when the
application is running?

The screensaver doesn't come on for very long before it inexplicably
turns off again. I can't be certain, but I suspect this happens when
PMMail automatically "wakes up" to check for mail on the server.

PMMail also does not allow me to suspend/hibernate my machine. I
first have to close PMMail and only then can my machine properly use
power saving modes.