[pmmail-list] PMMail .2717 hangs computer

Hazen Woods pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 07:51:22 -0500

I recently installed the v. 2.20.2717.  Since then notice two annoying
things.  First when click on URL in the past would bring almost
instantaneous response and effort to connect. Now, it can take up to 4
or 5 seconds for this to occur.  Often now it is necessary to click on
the URL a second or third time before any response.

The second is really a serious problem and first began with the
greater frequency
PMMail will hang the system.  BY this I mean the only way to go forward
is to hit the reboot button on the machine.  C-A-D does not work.  10 -
15 minutes does not help.  Keyboard seems locked and mouse for sure is
locked.

Now I hate to do this because of the tendency to shift blame, but this
has also come on the heels of an ill-fated effort to load Norton
SYstemWorks Pro 2003 on my system, which is Win2000 Pro.

In trying to troubleshoot, one of my first questions is whether anyone
else had problem with v. 2581 hanging the system and likewise with v.
2717?

TIA

Hazen Woods
Austin, TX USA