[pmmail-list] Problem sending mail

Paul Hodges pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 23:32:09 +0100

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 17:03:06 +0100, Xav wrote:

>  Further testing indicates that the problem shows itself only on
>  messages with content over three lines long

Unfortunately, I've lost the start of this discussion, so I might be
completely on the wrong track here - but this feels like a problem
with wrapping.

Some clients (like Outlook) don't wrap paragraphs at all, which break
the RFC rules; and some clients can't handle even unwrapped lines of
the length that are allowed, so that for instance, using Pegasus mail
(at least until recently) to read mail sent from Outlook resulted in
every paragraph being truncated to 250 (sic - not 356) characters.
The coincidence of this length with the "three lines" quoted above is
what made me write this.

Paul Hodges
QBS Software Ltd